Mozilla Firefox is a graphical web browser developed by the Mozilla Corporation and a large community of external contributors. Firefox started as a fork of the Navigator browser component of the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox has replaced the Mozilla Suite as the flagship product of the Mozilla project, under the direction of the Mozilla Foundation.
To display web pages, Firefox uses the Gecko layout engine, which implements most current web standards in addition to several features which are intended to anticipate likely additions to the standards. Latest Firefox features include tabbed browsing, spell checking, incremental find, live bookmarking, a download manager, private browsing, location-aware browsing (also known as 'geolocation') based exclusively on a Google service and an integrated search system that uses Google by default in most localizations. Functions can be added through add-ons, created by third-party developers, of which there is a wide selection, a feature that has attracted many of Firefox's users. Mozilla Firefox is a cross-platform browser, providing support for various versions of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Firefox For Mac Update
Download firefox mac, firefox mac, firefox mac download free. Mozilla continues to work on further improvements for its flagship. Note: If you have Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or 10.6 (Snow Leopard), you will need to download OS X El Capitan before you can upgrade to the latest Mac OS. While insecure versions of Firefox will continue to work on OS X 10.8 and earlier, using an up-to-date version of Firefox on a supported version of Mac OS will provide you with the best and safest. Important: By default, Firefox is set for automatic updates. To prevent Firefox from automatically updating itself after you install an older version, you'll need to change your Firefox update settings: Click the menu button and select Options. In the General panel, go to the Firefox Updates section.
- Improved Tabbed Browsing
- Spell Checking
- Search Suggestions
- Session Restore
- Web Feeds (RSS)
- Live Titles
- Pop-up Blocker
Firefox Free Download For MacView More...
This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Firefox Download For Mac Pro
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click .
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, click .
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click . If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .