Download macOS High Sierra (or another version) from the Mac App Store. Apple itself maintains a list of older software, which you can find via the official Apple Support download page. This is system software for your older Mac, but you will also find security updates and older versions of QuickTime, Safari, iMovie, Pages, Keynote and the like. The latest version of Keynote is 10.2 on Mac Informer. It is a perfect match for Presentation in the Design & Photo category. The app is developed by Apple Inc. And its user rating is 4.3 out of 5.
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great Sunday. My Saturday wasn’t good and my Sunday isn’t any better, but that’s life sometimes right? I think I will be alright lol, anyway read on…
Today we are focusing on the best Microsoft Office replacements on Mac. Why? Well not everyone likes MS Office and it’s apps including Power Point, Excel or even Microsoft Word so for those people, and those who simply can’t afford Microsoft Office, we have decided to list some good alternatives for those of you running on OS X. I personally recommend you check out at least 3 choices before you make a decision, all of these apps are great or rather good enough.
Can I run Microsoft Office in OS X?
Yes, you can actually run Microsoft Office on a Mac! Not too long ago, Microsoft never bothered to translate their popular software for Apple’s Mac users mainly because Apple is still their #1 competition. But now since Apple pretty much dominates the phone market, MS had no choice but to start porting their software to work on Apple. MS office is already available for iOS and it is now available Mac OS X. But forget about all that, lets look at the Office 365 alternatives for Mac.
#1. Download Google Docs For OS X
Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides are productivity apps that let you create different kinds of online documents, work on them in real time with other people, and store them in your Google Drive online, all for free. You can access the documents, spreadsheets, and presentations you create from any computer, anywhere in the world. (There’s even some work you can do without an Internet connection!) This guide will give you a quick overview of the many things that you can do with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
What Is Google Docs?
Google Docs is an online word processor that lets you create and format text documents and collaborate with other people in real time. Here’s what you can do with Google Docs:
- Upload a Word document and convert it to a Google document
- Add flair and formatting to your documents by adjusting margins, spacing, fonts, and colors — all that fun stuff
- Invite other people to collaborate on a document with you, giving them edit, comment or view access
- Collaborate online in real time and chat with other collaborators — right from inside the document
- View your document’s revision history and roll back to any previous version
- Download a Google document to your desktop as a Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML or zip file
- Translate a document to a different language
- Email your documents to other people as attachments
This is my personal favorite Microsoft Office alternative because it literally has everything MS Office has and also it works perfectly fine online. What more can you ask for?
Google Docs Screenshot
#2. Download LibreOffice For OS X
Install LibreOffice For Mac
LibreOffice is a powerful office suite; its clean interface and powerful tools let you unleash your creativity and grow your productivity. LibreOffice embeds several applications that make it the most powerful Free & Open Source Office suite on the market: Writer, the word processor, Calc, the spreadsheet application, Impress, the presentation engine, Draw, our drawing and flow charting application, Base, our database and database front-end, and Math for editing mathematics.
LibreOffice is compatible with many document formats such as Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. But LibreOffice goes further by enabling you to use a modern open standard, the OpenDocument Format (ODF).
• Enterprise hardened through relentless independent testing
• Stable six-monthly release cycle of feature updates
• Backported key features from LibreOffice Vanilla
• Improved OOXML file support (.docx, .docm)
• Enterprise-wide: one Office suite common to your entire environment
• One app serving as a complete suite, does the work of six apps
• Includes advanced word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Reads and writes Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files (including OOXML)
#3. Download Apache OpenOffice For OS X
Apache OpenOffice is free to download, use, and distribute. Download it now, and get:
- Writer a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
Why Apache OpenOffice?
Apache OpenOffice is synonymous with quality:
- The roots of Apache OpenOffice go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- Many millions of users
- Independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
- With a fully open development process, Apache OpenOffice has nothing to hide – the product stands or falls on its reputation.
- The software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- It’s easy to change to Apache OpenOffice – the software reads all major competitors’ files
- Few language barriers – if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- Apache OpenOffice is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike
Apache OpenOffice Screenshot
#4. Download Keynote For OS X
Install Keynote App on Mac
Easily create gorgeous presentations with the all-new Keynote, featuring powerful yet easy-to-use tools and dazzling effects.
The Theme Chooser lets you skim through an impressive collection of 30 new and updated Apple-designed themes. Once you’ve chosen the perfect canvas for your presentation, simply replace the placeholder text and graphics with your own words and images. Easy-to-use tools let you add tables, charts, shapes, photos, and videos to slides—and bring it all to life with cinematic animations and transitions that look as though they were created by your own special effects team. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts.
Use iCloud to keep your presentations up to date across all your devices. You can instantly share a presentation using just a link, giving others the latest version and the ability to edit it directly with Keynote for iCloud beta from www.icloud.com using a Mac or PC browser.
With Keynote, you have all the tools you need to make an amazing presentation quickly and easily.
Get started quickly
• Choose from 30 Apple-designed themes to give your presentations a beautiful start
• Use the slide navigator to quickly skim through your presentation, add new slides, and reorder slides
• Engage your audience with new interactive charts and chart animations
• See live on-canvas previews as you animate your slides
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
Keynote App Screenshot
#5. Download ThinkFree Office For OS X
Install ThinkFree Office for Mac
ThinkFree Office is the most accurate MS Office-compatible productivity suite on the market today. Use ThinkFree Office to create word processing documents, spreadsheets, and graphic presentations, or open and edit Word, Excel, and Powerpoint documents in ThinkFree Office. You will be amazed by our faithful recreation of the Office user interface — new users are immediately productive.
- ThinkFree Write: is a powerful word processing application that has all the features you expect with the same look-and-feel you already know. Create rich, professional-quality documents and web pages. Write’s seamless compatibility lets you to share documents and collaborate with MS Word users.
- ThinkFree Calc: lets you create spreadsheets just as you do with MS Excel™, or open and edit existing Excel files. Calc has every feature Office users expect and allows you to tackle the most complex analytical tasks
- With ThinkFree Show: you produce the same high-impact presentations as Powerpoint. Use existing .ppt files, templates, and animations, or create compatible presentations from scratch.
ThinkFree Office Screenshot
Remember to like our facebook and our twitter @macheatdotcom.
Other macOS alternative software: Best Photoshop Alternatives on Mac, Best BitTorrent Apps on Mac & Best Mobile Device Management Apps
If a new version of macOS becomes available, there are a lot of people who are considering a clean installation, a so-called clean install. This can come in handy when you restore the Mac factory settings. You make a fresh start on your Mac, without taking all the previous problems and it also comes in handy if you have taken over a Mac from someone else and want to start with a clean Mac. In this case we use High Sierra.
Note: make sure that you always have a backup of all your files and data should something go wrong! You can do this, for example, via a Time Machine or another external hard drive.
Download Mac Os High Sierra
Clean Mac installation
High Sierra is the latest version of macOS (at time of writing). If you want to install this or all of the following updates, you can simply do so from the Mac App Store. In addition, all user data is retained. The big advantage is that you do not have to worry about it: you just have to press a button and have some patience. But you also include all the junk from previous installations. If you want to start over with a clean Mac, you have to reset the Mac factory settings and perform a clean installation. In doing so, the complete content of your disks is deleted.
macOS clean installation from a USB stick
Before you get started, you will first need to install a version of macOS on a separate USB stick. You need a USB stick with at least 16GB of storage.
Download macOS High Sierra (or another version) from the Mac App Store. Apple itself maintains a list of older software, which you can find via the official Apple Support download page. This is system software for your older Mac, but you will also find security updates and older versions of QuickTime, Safari, iMovie, Pages, Keynote and the like. Click Load more results repeatedly to see older software.Click here to go to the Official download page at Apple Support.
After the download is complete, you must disable the installation screen that appears, to prevent the installation from starting. Insert the USB stick into your Mac and give it a logical name, for example ‘macinstallation’. It is important that no special characters are allowed in it. Start the program Terminal via Programs – Utilities – Terminal or search for it in Launchpad. Enter the command below in Terminal.
Note that the word behind Volumes must be exactly the same as the name of the USB stick. The path can also be different if you want to install a different version of macOS.
Apple Mac Os Sierra Download
Perform clean installation
Installing a clean installation of macOS is the next step in the process. Carefully follow the steps below, so nothing can go wrong. Insert the USB stick with the installer in your Mac and restart it with the Alt / Optn key pressed. The macOS Startup Manager will pop up with all bootable drives and devices that are connected. Select the USB stick that you had prepared for the installation and press Enter. The Mac will now boot from the installer on the USB stick. This can take a few minutes, depending on the speed of the USB port and the USB stick. Once this is done, the Mac will return to the macOS Utility startup window. You get a number of options there, such as Restoring a Time Machine backup. Choose Disk Utility. In the following steps your startup disk will be completely erased, so you can start with a clean slate. Select the desired startup disk. This is usually Macintosh HD.
Then click Clear to delete the entire disk. Also make sure that the format is set to macOS Advanced (Journaled). The Disk Utility now deletes the entire disk. Once this is done, you can close this program. After this you will return to macOS Utility. Now select Install macOS and the installation of High Sierra will now take place. During the installation process, choose the correct drive you just deleted, such as Macintosh HD.
Mac Os Sierra Download Usb
After these last steps you will be guided through the standard macOS installation procedure. Once everything has gone well, you have a completely clean Mac with the latest version of macOS. Of course you do not lose everything. When you log in with your Apple ID, all personal details such as calendars and e-mails are synchronized with iCloud.