Snipping Tool is a screen capture utility that is included in all Windows Operating System. This program is the most convenient way to take screenshot. It features different capture modes such as Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, and Full-screen Snip. Plus, this app also has a pen and a highlighter, which are beneficial in adding marks. But in spite of these, Snipping Tool can only run on Windows OS and it’s not supported in other operating platform like Mac. Many users who switch from Windows to Mac may look for the same functions brought by Snipping Tool for Mac. There are many programs out there that can serve as Snipping Tool alternative for Mac and three of them will the provided after the jump.
Top Three Snipping Tool on Mac
Apowersoft Mac Screenshot
The first Snipping Tool alternative for Mac that you can use is Apowersoft Mac Screenshot. This program is designed and created to fit in any device that runs on Mac OS X. It has simple yet powerful screen capture capabilities that will allow you to take “Regional screenshot”, and “Full screenshot”. Some of the features that you can get from this app include:
Best of all, you can attempt to obtain all these snipping tool download apps, and determine which one you want probably the most free of charge because all of them are available by Setapp, a platform for over one hundred fifty greatest-in-class Mac apps for any job. Download Snipping Tool Right Now. Snipping tools for Mac. Mac OS has Grab built in. Grab is a snipping tool-type utility that can capture the screen complete with cursor. Find it in Applications and Utilities. It has the ability to select active windows, drag to select and use a timer to allow you to set up a menu or instruction ready for the screenshot. Another option in our Mac snipping tool lineup is CloudApp’s screenshot App. CloudApp is a heavy hitter when it comes to software. They provide solutions for designers, developers, executives, marketing professionals, sales, support, and even production people.
How Do I Download Snipping Tool For Mac
- Take screenshot of anything shown on Mac screen
- Numerous snapshot outputs
- Annotate the screenshot with various editing options
- Upload and share captured screenshot with just one click
- Magnify screen to enhance the image’s readability
Free Snipping Tool For Mac Download
These helpful features show that Apowersoft Mac Screenshot is the best Mac Snipping Tool that you can use since these features can rarely been seen together in one program. Plus, this tool enables users to make some necessary settings according to their preference, just like setting the hotkeys, output folder, and the image format to be used. It is indeed a complete program that is worth a try.
Here are the steps in taking screenshot using this screen cap tool.
- Click the download button above and install it.
- Change the default settings in “Options”.
- Show something that you need to capture from your Mac screen and then click the hotkey that you’ve set.
- Hover the mouse above the portion you want to capture and drag along it, then release your mouse.
- An image preview with an image editor will be shown where you can add simple annotations.
- Once editing is done, you can save the image either to local disk or save it to cloud storage.
Grab for Mac
Another Snipping Tool on Mac that you can use is Grab. This is a built-in utility tool that is included in every OS X running devices. This is comparable to Windows Snipping Tool since it also has various modes like Selection, Window, Screen, and Timed Screen. To use this program simply click “Finder” > “Applications” > “Utilities” > “Grab” and then open it. In order to take screenshot, hit “Capture” function and choose the capture mode based on your needs. Some of its features include:
- An easy to use interface
- Different screen capture modes
- It’s free of charge
Grab can be a great Mac Snipping Tool that you can utilize, however one of the downsides is that the captured image can be automatically saved in TIFF format. If you desire you save it in other formats, you can change it in the “Preview” app.
The next free Snipping Tool for Mac that we have is the Skitch. This is a well-known screen capture program that is created by Evernote. It is capable of taking multiple screenshots easily without any incompatibility issues with Mac OS X. It also has a screenshot editing and sharing functions. This tool has features that include:
- A straightforward interface
- One click screenshot function
- Has a built-in annotating program
Skitch for Mac can be a good Snipping Tool alternative for Mac. This is due to the fact that it provides more functions than the Windows Snipping Tool, such as various image annotation options. Moreover, it allows easy sharing of captured screenshot from one person to another via internet.
These are the various programs that act like Snipping Tool for OS X users. However, it is recommended to use the first Snipping Tool for Mac, for this program is packed with many powerful functions such as uploading and sharing image online.
A Snipping Tool is a screenshot tool available on windows. Mac devices lack this snipping tool feature. Taking a screenshot is an essential part of our lives. It can be vital for your projects or help you save a picture that won’t download. Many new Mac users might have the question of how to take a screenshot on mac. Snipping Tool is especially true for users who have shifted from a windows device. The lack of a dedicated snipping tool software makes things difficult.
Today we’ll have a look at the various methods to take a screenshot on mac. This guide will help you save your pictures in a jiffy. Follow our recommendations to get the best results.
How to take a screenshot on Mac?
Snipping tools have been a part of the operating system since Windows 7. It is an efficient screenshot service for the OS. The “Prt Scr” button on windows keyboards also helps take a snapshot. Users can paste the results on any graphics editor. Mac devices are also capable of capturing a screenshot. They use only keyboard shortcuts to capture images. The keys are different because of the change in OS. With these shortcuts, users can capture a portion of their screen or the entire screen. Here are the steps that will help you to take a snapshot.
1. Take a screenshot of the entire screen
This guide will help you take a snapshot of your screen. Three keys need to be pressed at the same time. The keyboard combination is as follows – Shift + Command + 3. Here is the procedure to take the screenshot.
- Press the keyboard shortcut to take the screenshot of your entire screen. The combination is Shift, command, and 3rd numeral. It will instantly capture the contents present on your Mac device.
- A thumbnail will appear in the corner of your screen. It is there to inform you that the screenshot was successful. You can click it to make changes to your screenshot. The mac graphics editor will open up.
- Users can also wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop automatically.
2. Capture a portion of your screen:
The snipping tool is useful in this regard. It is a beneficial tool to have for when you need to screenshot a specific part. Mac devices also have a keyboard shortcut to help with the task. Follow this procedure to take a snapshot of a part of your screen.
- The keyboard shortcut for taking a single portion screenshot is shift+command+4. Press the three buttons together to start the process. It will display a crosshair on the screen.
- Drag the crosshair mentioned above to select the portion of the screen. Users need to figure out the area on their mac they want to cover.
- Drag your mouse across the area you want to capture and then release the mouse. It will take the screenshot.
- When a thumbnail appears on your screen, you can edit the screenshot.
- You can ignore the edit feature to save the file directly on your computer.
- Press the Esc key on the keyboard to cancel taking the screenshot. It will instantly remove the crosshair from the screen.
How to Capture a Specific Window?
The macOS has inbuilt features to take a screenshot of a specific window. The device uses keyboard shortcuts for the same. Follow the given below steps to take a screenshot.
- To capture a specific window, use the following keyboard shortcut – Shift+Command+4+Spacebar. Use this once you have the window open.
- Press and hold the shortcut, and your mouse will change to a camera icon.
- Click the window you want to capture with the camera pointer.
- When you see a thumbnail on the screen, you can easily edit the photo. Alternatively, you can also wait for the screenshot to save on your computer automatically.
Best Snipping Tool Alternatives For MAC:
There are many popular snipping tool alternatives for mac. This software works efficiently with the latest edition of macOS. Here are some of the excellent original screenshot services.
Greenshot is a popular productivity tool. It is useful for people who need to take screenshots daily. Professionals who work on computer tutorials require this service. The software comes with built-in OCR capabilities. It is quite simple to use. The software works on the principle of the snipping tool. It is an entirely open-source service. The editor tool is well equipped with arrows and boxes to annotate the pictures. The screenshot shortcuts are customizable on the software. Users can take a screenshot of the entire screen, window, or a select portion like the snipping tool. It is a great alternative. The software also offers editing features to its users to enhance their image capture experience. Try it out today for your on your mac device.
- Visit – https://getgreenshot.org/downloads/.
The website is a renowned screenshot tool for windows and mac. The unique selling point of this tool is the ability to share screenshots over the internet. It is the fastest way to take a screenshot. The app is quite easy to use. The simple and intuitive interface makes it fun to take snapshots. Users also love the similar image search feature. It will help you get the latest image searches and provide accurate results. The light shot software also comes with a powerful editor. Users can instantly edit their pictures after taking the screenshot. Professionals and amateurs alike love the app.
- Visit –https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html.
The screenshot tool is a practical application. It can get the job done in a matter of a few seconds. Professionals love the productivity tool. The simple device is efficient when it comes to getting the desired results. The app is compatible with windows and mac devices.
The software is known for its editing features. Users can mix and match images and screenshots. It is useful for users who need to replicate specific scenarios. It is also helpful for live comparison images. Customization is given a high priority on the software. Download the software today to check out its amazing features.
- Visit – https://www.snipaste.com/index.html.
The snipping tool is a Windows exclusive service, and it cannot be downloaded on mac. Mac users have their official keyboard shortcuts for screenshots. These can be efficient in capturing images on your device. We have provided an in detail tutorial on how to use them to your advantage. Furthermore, there are many third party services. The snipping tool alternatives for Mac can solve the problem. They are all useful tools and can be utilized according to your needs. Try them out to boost your productivity.