See full list on downloadcloud.com. WinMerge 2.16.0 supports Windows XP and later. It runs on both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows. WinMerge 2.14.0 was the last version to support Windows 2000. WinMerge 2.12.4 was the last version to support Windows 95, 98, ME and NT. WinMerge is not supported on Windows RT.
WinMerge is an open source file differencing and merging tool, particularly useful for developers.
At its simplest you can use the program to compare two text files, visually highlighting the differences so it's easy to see what's changed. (Support for Unicode, and Windows, Unix and Mac text file formats mean it should work with just about any regular text file.)
WinMerge also includes a capable editor, with syntax highlighting, line numbers, word wrap and more.
The program is able to compare entire folders of files, too, making WinMerge ideal for identifying what's changed between versions of a project. And it can then merge these modifications with other files, updating them for you as required.
Note that this is the portable version of WinMerge.
WinMerge 2.16.6 changes include:
- Bugfix: coretools.cpp: linelen() should not truncate lines with embedded
- Bugfix: file compare : right-click doesn't select the diff under the mouse
- Bugfix: Avoid an exception in GuessCodepageEncoding() when filepath equals 'NUL'
- Bugfix: Auto-indent did not work if the EOL-style was not CRLF
- Bugfix: Generating HTML Folder Compare report including File Compare report did not complete
- Bugfix: CompareStatistics dialog: The number of diff folders was counted in the number of diff files
- Bugfix: PrediffLineFilter.sct: Wrong encoding for settings dialog
- Update Russian translation
- Update Italian translation
- Favor PathContext::GetSize() over PathContext::size() ( - Consolidate FolderCmp
An excellent tool that helps you track and control changes across the versions of a software project